REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on a different lawful basis for collecting and using personal data in different situations.
When you make an enquiry to us about our products and services, there will be some personal information that we collect. Once you have become a customer, we need to collect and use personal information to provide services to you and to claim our right to be paid in return for our services under our standard terms of business/contract with you. This includes collecting and using your personal information to:
- enable us to follow up on your enquiry about our Denby Dale Coffee products and services.
- prepare an order for you and arrange insurance cover if required;
- manage your order and relationship thereafter;
- contact you for reasons related to the product and services you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested;
- deal with payment for our services;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and use personal information to process your application and check references. If you take a job with us, we will collect and use your personal information to enter into an employment contract with you and to administer the employment relationship, including making payments to you, accounting for tax, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities, monitoring absences and performance and conducting assessments.
We collect and use personal information from our customers and staff to comply with our legal obligations.
Legitimate business interests
Our priority is to make sure we give a high quality and secure service to customers and to follow up effectively on enquiries even though we accept that not all enquiries will lead to a business relationship or contract. We collect personal information to:
- follow up on enquiries in accordance with industry guidelines and provide quotes for Slushco products and services;
- conduct research and analyse website visitor behaviour patterns;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- improve our services;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or posted on our websites or to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour.
We will also communicate with you, information about other services we can offer you and update you about our activities and promotions which may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving these email newsletters, you can also click on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take a few days for this to take place, or If you do not wish to continue receiving these communications, you can opt out at any time. See What rights do you have for further information. If you ask us to stop contacting you in this way, you can also ask us to start again at any time.
If we propose to use your information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. If we need your consent to use your information for these other purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt in or to refuse. If you opt in, you will be able to opt out at any time.